Calendar ‹ Back to full list
Add to mobile calendar / Add to Google calendar
Parent Support Group
Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - Tuesday, December 12, 2017
ECDC Room 5
199 6th Street(map)
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your child’s strong emotions?
- Is your child having meltdowns or outbursts, or does your child shutdown when stressed?
- Do you have difficulties handing these challenging life moments and want to learn strategies to help deal with them?
- OR, perhaps you would like to learn new strategies to help foster parent-child connections in your daily life
If you answered YES to any of these questions, this group could be for you!
Coronado SAFE is pleased to announce a new 7-week support group for parents. The group is based on recent research on brain development and how parents can improve the parent-child relationship with simple changes & strategies. Each session will build upon the previous to become a supportive and confidential environment for parents to share and try out parenting strategies. The group is based on Daniel Siegel and Tina Bryson’s book, The Whole Brain Child. Areas covered include:
- Whole brain approach: Parenting with the brain in mind
- Connecting Emotions and Logic: Helping the right and left brain work together
- From Bottom to Top: Building better self-control
- Dealing with Painful Moments
- Pause and Reflect: making better choices
- Me-We Connection: building empathy and compassion for self and others
Space is limited. To RSVP or for more info., please contact: Ashley.Kernkamp@CoronadoSAFE.org or call 619-522-6884 ext. 3#
This Parenting Series is facilitated by Ashley Kernkamp, a parent and Coronado SAFE Marriage and Family Therapist trainee (supervised by Terri Fong, LCSW BCD), with a passion for helping parents connect with their children and providing skills based on the latest research in child development and attachment.