Parents ‹ Back to full list
Coffee Talk: Stranger Awareness - Continuing The Conversation with your Kids
Monday, May 18, 2015
CUSD Board Room
201 Sixth Street(map)
Join us and continue the conversation at home! Gain insight on what your child is learning at school so that you can reinforce stranger safety.
In early April, Coronado was reminded of the importance of teaching our kids stranger safety when two local students were victims of an attempted kidnapping.
SAFE is proud to have played a role in conjunction with the local Coronado schools and parents in equipping these students with the necessary tools to return home safely. Through our on-campus program, On Applebee Pond, these kids learned valuable life-skills that they were able to utilize in order to stay safe. This program currently runs in 8 local Coronado schools for students ages pre-K through 3rd Grade. For more information about On Applebee Pond CLICK HERE.
Practicing and reviewing these materials at home are an important factor in ingraining stranger safety into your child’s skillset.
- Gain insight on the lessons that your kid is learning at school through On Applebee Pond
- Receive key conversations starters to talk to your child about stranger awareness
- Get the facts & figures on statistics regarding child abductions
- Learn industry accepted stranger safety tips for kids ages 0—18
- Attain resource materials and reference sites to help keep your kids safe
Think that your child already knows all they need to know about Stranger Safety? So did this mom, but watch how easily these kids are lured from the playground. CLICK HERE to read the article.
For a list of our amazing past coffee talks, CLICK HERE