Military Community Resources Share +
Coronado is proud of its rich military history and our military connections. Coronado SAFE is grateful for our Navy and military community. Mental health is vital to our military member as well as their families. Here is a list of resources for our local Coronado military community.
- Military OneSource - Military OneSource is your connection to information, answers and support when MilLife happens. They can help you overcome challenges, reach your goals and thrive.
- Military Child Education Coalition (MCEC) - MCEC supports all military-connected children by educating, advocating, and collaborating to resolve education challenges associated with the military lifestyle.
- FOCUS Project - FOCUS (Families OverComing Under Stress) provides resilience training to military children, families, and couples. It teaches practical skills to help families and couples overcome common challenges related to a military life. It helps build on current strengths and teach new strategies to enhance communication and problem solving, goal setting and creating a shared family story.
- Navy School Liaison Officer (SLO) - The SLO's primary function is to serve as a conduit between parents, educators and the command, so military-connected children experience a seamless transition during the transfer between schools. The SLO is here to provide information and resources associated with all aspects of K-12th grade education, plus local military and community organizations.
- Military Interstate Children’s Compact Commission (MIC3) – MIC3 is a Compact signed by all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia addressing key issues encountered by military families; Eligibility, Enrollment, Placement and Graduation.
- Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) Program - Child and Youth Behavioral MFLCs, embedded into each Coronado Unified school site, provide short-term, situational, problem-solving counseling services to military students, parents, and families.
- Silver Strand Elementary – 619-592-0093
- Village Elementary (TK-2nd) – 619-816-0320
- Village Elementary (2nd-5th) – 619-592-0609
- Coronado Middle School – 619-592-0821
- Coronado High School – 858-275-9428
- The Cohen Veteran Network has a San Diego office and is for anyone in or from the military who is struggling with depression, PTSD, anger, grief, loss, transition, family issues, behavioral or relationship problems.
- Fleet and Family Support Center San Diego offers no-cost counseling and assistance for individuals, families, marriage/couples, domestic violence victims and advocacy.
- Courage To Call is a peer-to-peer, veteran-run support program that is no cost for active and former military, their families and loved ones.